Thank you for your interest in working at The Women’s Building. Here is the latest position available.
AUG. 2014: PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR POSITION UPDATE
VITA SITE COORDINATOR
The Women's Building (TWB) is a multi-cultural center for women and girls in San Francisco's Mission District, which welcomes people of all genders. The Community Resource Room (CRR) provides assistance to hundreds of visitors each year who call or come to The Women's Building seeking information or a referral to address a need in their life. Our free, bilingual (English/Spanish) services provide critical access to resources for employment, housing, health care, legal services, and more. We offer information and referrals, access to technology, job search assistance, ESL classes, legal aid, free tax preparation, an immigrant food pantry and a host of workshops.
The VITA site coordinator manages the volunteer income tax assistance program at TWB. This position assists Spanish and English speaking clients with tax preparation services. The VITA site coordinator is responsible for daily operations of the program. This position will supervise volunteers on a daily basis and will ensure that clients are being served efficiently and accurately.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Assist clients with basic tax preparation as well as complex returns such as prior years, and amendments; ensure each return prepared goes through a quality review process to minimize errors. Comply with IRS standards & Adhere to Title VI.
- Attend meetings, trainings and orientations pre, during and post-tax season organized by the IRS, United Way of the Bay Area and the Women's Building.
- Strong collaboration and coordination with TWB staff in the outreach and recruitment of all the tax volunteers.
- Supervise and manage the in-site training for the VITA tax volunteers (i.e. work flow, problem solving, and task completion).
- Create supplementary and supportive documents such as screening tools and appointment schedules to ensure a smooth and efficient tax season; assist with appointment making and reminder calls to clients.
- Perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as setting up and taking down site materials and equipment for each shift (i.e. forms, files, food for volunteers); maintain adequate supplies, forms and research materials.
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with the TWB staff to have a successful tax season as well as to promote positive relationships with relevant funding and monitoring entities, volunteers and other community partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- 2-3 years of experience in tax preparation; have a thorough knowledge of current tax laws.
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English required.
- Solid team work player, initiative and project follow-through, strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, immigrants and commitment to social justice and anti-racism work.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is desirable but not mandatory.
- Strong initiative and project follow through; strong emphasis on detail and deadlines.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
TYPE: Part-Time Position from October 2014 - May 2015
APPLY BY: October 12th, 2014