Thank you for your interest in working at The Women’s Building.
Here is our latest job opening.
Bilingual Volunteer Coordinator Job Announcement- Temporary Position
The Women’s Building (TWB) is a women-led community space that advocates self-determination, gender equality, and social justice. We provide services and programs to empower women, are the home to a variety of non-profit organizations, and a community center with meeting spaces for rent.
The Community Resource Room (CRR) provides assistance to hundreds of visitors each year who call or come to The Women's Building seeking information, services and referrals to address a need in their life. We offer information and referrals, access to technology, job search assistance, legal aid, public benefits screening, free tax preparation, an immigrant food pantry, and host a variety of workshops and classes.
General Responsibilities: This position is intended to develop the CRR as a community space where visitors, participants, volunteers, staff members and other organizations exchange information, resources and best practices. The Bilingual Volunteer and Technology Coordinator position will have particular focus on areas of volunteer program development, recruitment and training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Volunteer management and tracking
- Responsible to recruit, train and supervise volunteers and interns.
- Creation and evaluation of volunteer projects, activities, and workshops
- Provide Information & Referrals to CRR visitors in Spanish and English.
- Maintain and strengthen collaborations with TWB in-house, and partner organizations.
- Continue to develop a schedule of monthly technology workshops for clients
- Improve basic digital literacy curriculum and develop more curriculum as needed
- Help to recruit and train VITA tax volunteers for 2015-2016 tax season in collaboration with tax team
- Participate in other activities as required by the organization
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Women’s Studies, Ethnic Studies is preferred, or two years of commensurate experience
- Previous volunteer management experience preferred
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English
- Strong initiative and project follow through; strong emphasis on detail and deadlines.
- Computer Fluency (Microsoft Word and basic Excel)
- Punctual, reliable and detailed orientated
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations, including communities of color, immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, immigrants and commitment to social justice and anti-racism work.
Hours: Position begins June 17th, 2015 and is 25 hours per week
Salary: $17 an hour
Supervision: Executive Director, Teresa Mejia